My wife left me a note the other morning. It started with “smile, it’s the most beautiful, handsome thing you wear.” I thought to myself, “wow, that’s such a nice thing to say and it literally made me want to smile more.”
It also got me thinking about all the positive reasons to smile more. It turns out there are several:
1. Smiling is contagious. It’s true, watching someone smile actually makes you grin.
2. Smiling lowers stress and anxiety. I’ve always said it’s impossible to smile
and be in a bad mood at the same time.
3. You’re more attractive when you smile. Smiling makes you seem more personable, easy-going, empathetic, trustworthy, and credible.
4. Smiling strengthens immunity.
5. Smiling is an efficient facial expression, requiring less energy than frowning. It only takes 26 muscles to smile and 62 to frown.